Professional 8-Piece Soul, Funk And Pop Band
Rolling In The Deep
Sex On Fire
Consisting of two female vocals, guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, saxophone and trumpet, the band deliver a high-energy performance guaranteed to get everyone onto the dance floor for an unforgettable evening.
The band play a mix of soul, motown, funk and pop material from the 60s right through to the modern era from artists such as Stevie Wonder, The Jackson Five, Otis Reading, Chic, Duffy and Amy Winehouse.
All of the members of the band are highly experienced musicians from a range of backgrounds. Together, the band are a tight, funky outfit featuring a full sound and a dynamic stage presence.
GrooveThing provide a full PA and lighting rig, flexible enough to cater from a range of events, from small parties to larger events and functions.
The band have full public liability insurance up to 5m and all
electrical equipment has been PAT tested and certified.
For an approximate quote, please enter your postcode:
- Baby Love -the Supremes
- Blame It On The Boogie - Jackson Five
- Car Wash - Rose Royce
- Crazy Chick - Charlotte Church
- Destination Anywhere - The Commitments
- Disco Inferno - The Tramps
- Everybody Dance - Chic
- Get Ready - The Temptations
- Good Times - Chic
- Hard To Handle - Otis Reading
- I Wish - Stevie Wonder
- Knock On Wood - Otis Reading
- Lady Marmalade - Labelle
- Le Freak - Chic
- Mercy - Duffy
- Midnight At The Oasis - Brand New Heavies
- Nowhere To Run - Martha And The Vandellas
- Piece Of My Heart - Beverley Knight
- Play That Funky Music - Kc And The Sunshine Band
- Rehab - Amy Winehouse
- Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
- Son Of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
- Super Duper Love - Joss Stone
- Superstition - Steve Wonder
- Take Me To The River - Al Green
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse
- We Are Family - Sister Sledge
- You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes
- Any Many More!
- The Society For Endocrinology - 2011 And 2010 Annual Conferences
- St. Anne's Hospice, Manchester - 2010 Fundraiser
- The Insurance Institute Of Manchester - Summer Ball
- The Royal Oldham Hospital - Charity Ball
- And Many More!
Just emailing to say a big thank from all of us for providing us with fantastic entertainment at our 40th party. Everything about the band was spot on, great music and vocals, really got the party going and had that personal touch. Thank the girls for allowing Julie and myself to get up and sing with them or try to!! Was quite anxious about booking a band by just seeing them on the internet but you really exceeded expectations. The feedback from our guests was very positive too. I would certainly recommend Groovething to anyone wishing to hire a band. Once again a very big thank you!"
- Nicola Norris, 40th Birthday Party, Ilkley, July 2011
Well you sure know how to get a party started!! Thank you!! I cant recommend you highly enough!! FANTASTIC!!
- Jennifer Brand, Wedding Reception, Stanley House, May 2011
Everyone enjoyed the day and were very complimentary about the band.It was such a great day for a wedding!
- Diana Channon - Wedding Reception, July 2011
We had an amazing night and I'm sure you could tell that our guests were loving the music too!
- Emma and Chris, Wedding Reception, Central Manchester, April 2011
Dear Paul and Groovething, Thank you so much for being part of our wedding and making the day so memorable. Everyone loved the music and did not want you to go home at the end of the second set! You kept the dance floor full and we really enjoyed the evening.
It has been a privilege meeting and working with you and may our paths cross again in the future. Best Wishes
- Joanne and Matthew, Wedding Reception, Crewe Hall, August 2010
To all members of Groovething!! Thank you all so much for the fantastic performance at the 'Chips Are Down' party for Dreams, Wishes and Hopes. You were amazing! Thanks!
- Paul Hazelby, Organiser, St. Annes Hospice Charity Fundraiser, April 2010
Just wanted to drop you a line to say thanks again for Tuesday last week. Ive never seen everyone get up dancing so quickly at a conference dinner! And the next day, everyone was saying how much fun they had
- Amanda Helm, The Society for Endocrinology, Annual Conference, March 2010
Fantastic band - the dance floor was full all night. Highly Recommended!
- Darrel and Maria Hardwick, Wedding Reception, December 2009
Thanks everyone at Groovething for providing us and our wedding guests with a fantastic evening, superb musicians and singers who know how to put on a thoroughly enjoyable and professional show. They say on the website the dance floor will never be empty when theyre on, and it certainly wasnt. If youre looking for a top soul/wedding/party band, look no further!
- Ken & Lindsay Barnes, Wedding Reception, Village Hotel, Hyde, September 2009
We really enjoyed the night and have had nothing but good feedback about Groovething from our guests!
- Hannah Ebbitt, Insurance Institute of Manchester, The Midland Hotel, August 2009
You were absolutely brilliant! So many people came up to me on the night and subsequently to say how much they enjoyed your performance and how they had such a good time dancing grooving to the excellent music!
- Peter Hill, 50th Birthday Party, May 2009
Thank you all very much for playing last night. We really enjoyed it and thought you were fantastic. Thanks again!
- Brendan and Gemma Wharmby, Wedding Reception, November 2008
Groovething provided quality music which created and enhanced the atmosphere of the whole event through getting people off their seats and up dancing to music from the 70s through to present day. They were absolutely spectacular, looked superb, gave 150% effort and actually looked like they enjoyed what they did!
- Karen Saville, Breast Cancer Fundraiser, The Royal Oldham Hospital, September 2008
1 x 60 Minute Set
2 x 45 Minute Sets
Groovething Are Based In The Manchester Area And Travel Throughout The Uk.
- Studio master Mixing Desk
- Qsc Amps
- Db Technologies Subs And Monitors
- Peavey Hi-Sys Speakers
- Dbx 231 Graphic Equalizer
- Showtex Led Par 64 Lights